Skip to Content
25 June 2024

Staycations – Relying on Cars

According to new research, holidaymakers would rather spend their summer on a staycation rather than venture abroad this year. With 1,000 people taking part in the survey, 52% chose to stay closer to home, with the other 48% opting to visit overseas.* 

Those surveyed were also asked  the best things about a staycation, with the top 10 reasons including no luggage restrictions (25%), supporting local businesses (39%) and saving on travel time (45%). While public transport could be an option for those wanting to stay within the UK, travelers could still be limited with the amount of luggage they can take so may look to travel by car. With potential long journeys ahead, people will be looking to prepare their car for their travel route as well as for the summer period with checklists including battery and tyre health, air conditioning systems and engine coolant maintenance. 

It might not just be cars increasing their presence on the road this summer season, we could also see a growth in caravans and motorhomes as families, friends, couples and solo vacationers visit some of the best holiday destinations the UK have to offer. 

The increase in motor-related travel this summer creates an opportunity to advertise your motor services to potential customers looking to equip their vehicles for the season.  

Target Your Audience with Digital Audio 

With over 5 million people † listening to the Bauer Audio Network via connected devices, you can use the Bauer Media Digital Audio platform to target and advertise your business on some of the UK’s most well-known brands. 

Digital Audio can help hyper-target your advertising to reach the right audience for you, whether that’s existing customers or new ones in your local area. Starting with postcode, we can further tailor your reach by radio brands, age, gender and even listener interests.  

With a 98% listen-through rate, digital audio delivers an effective way of capturing and maintaining your audiences attention.  

Support with Social 

As well as being experts in all things audio, here at Bauer we can support your advertising through a range of other channels including social media. With 1 in 3 people using social media to discover new or to learn about products, services and brands ‡,  it’s another perfect way to reach a potential new customer base. 

Working Together 

Consumers engage with social media in a variety of settings, often for specific purposes including catching up with friends or browsing for inspiration. Those who engage with audio do so in a number of different settings including commuting, exercising or relaxing at home. By combining forces, social and audio can reach audiences at every moment of the day, wherever they are and whatever they’re doing. 

Why Bauer? 

Our audio brands reach 23 million weekly listeners across our networks †. Invest in your brand this summer and reach a wealth of staycationers this summer. 

*UK Staycation Report 
†RAJAR Q1 2024 
‡ SPROUT SOCIAL